Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Navigation

Navigation
Menu de navigation
You are here: Home / Leisure / Tourism / Tourism website / Heritage / Architecture / Farming Heritage
Document Actions

Farming Heritage

Farms

The Ferme de Mont (Dorinne)

this is located on the hill, facing the village (from which it gets its name). The farm is a vast collection of blue stone buildings built around a square tower.

The Ferme de Tienne (Dorinne)

the farm lies opposite the Ferme de Mont and is just as imposing as the latter. There is an old shrine dating back to 1827.

The Ferme de Mianoye (Durnal)

built mainly with sandstone masonry and dressed limestone in the 18th century. A brick extension was built in the following century.

The Ferme du Buc (Evrehailles)

this farm is located close to the church. It is a fine blue stone edifice, comprising a long two-storey building with 5 dormer windows, a huge barn and outbuildings on the right-hand side. Part of it dates back to the 17th century, although it has since undergone many alterations. It was one of the properties burned down by the Germans on 23 August 1914. It is currently a venue which is hired out for organising ceremonies: http://www.dubuc.be/

The "Ferme en U" (Evrehailles)

this farm is also known as the Ferme de Celles and the Ferme Calande-Bouchat. It was burned down in 1914 and restored by the Bouchat family. The current building dates back to the 17th century. The Ferme Croquette (Evrehailles): this farm is still farmed today by the Doneux family. The farm has also played a part in the history of our region. For example, it was occupied by a cavalry regiment of émigré French nobles in 1792. It has now been converted into Gites: http://www.croquette.be/

The Ferme Croquette

is still farmed - currently by the Doneux family. This farm also has also played its part in the history of our region… For example, it was occupied by a cavalry regiment of émigré French nobles in 1792.

The Ferme de la Bouverie (Evrehailles)

this farm forms a superb, harmonious edifice, admirably improved by its restoration in the 1990s. There is already mention of the property in the list of assets belonging to Hubert de Montjoie, lord of Evrehailles from 1514. The de Maillarts then became owners until 1793. The destiny of the farm was closely linked to that of the castle.

La vieille ferme (Godinne)

this farm forms an enclosed complex built of limestone masonry, sandstone and bricks, entered via a beautiful porch; the gate with the Maillen coat-of-arms above it dates from 1623. The farm is surrounded by an enclosure which is reinforced by a corner tower, although it is not fortified; these defences enabled assailants to be withstood. The 17th-century buildings surround a paved courtyard. The farm (enclosure, main building, outbuilding, smithy) is almost exactly as it was when it was built over 350 years ago. This architectural feature is listed by the Region of Wallonia.
This neighbourhood on the banks of the Meuse is part public (the Cultural Centre, managed by non-profit heritage association Patrimoine de Godinne) and part private property, and is well worth a visit. Recently reassigned: a barn - reception rooms (weddings, parties, etc.), one wing as a library and museum, a main building (soon to be restored), a tower - ironwork area. Many temporary exhibitions are held here.